Academics and Teaching
Everyone needs a day job!
Rob has an B.E. and M.Sc. in Bioresource Engineering from the University of Saskatchewan with over 35 years teaching and research experience at Lakeland College. Over the years, Rob’s specialties evolved from farm machinery, farm buildings, electronics design, microprocessor control, precision agriculture, remote sensing, geographical information systems (GIS), biofuels, biomass energy, solar thermal and photovoltaic systems, geothermal systems to green building design. Rob has developed and delivered many credit and non-credit courses, seminars research programs on the above topics. He has experience in both face-to-face and on-line courses. And the learning continues…..
- Award of Leadership Excellence, Colleges and Institutes of Canada (CICan – 2016) for work done on student-led learning
- Lakeland Green and Gold Award for Innovation (2011) for renewable energy research and contributions to the development of Lakeland Centre for Sustainable Innovation
- Award of Innovation in Teaching from the Alberta Colleges and Institutes Faculties Association for work with the Sunfuel (biodiesel) Project (2007).
- Alberta Emerald Award (2006) Student category for Sunfuel biodiesel project (Faculty Advisor for student award)
- Graduate thesis award from the Canadian Society of Bioengineering for work done on a machine vision system for spatial mapping of weeds for precision farming (2005)
See Rob’s complete academic portfolio here (password required). Potential Employers may request username and password. Contact Rob